MBG submission guidelines
Modern Brown Girl is a lifestyle site that covers beauty, style, topics, trends and inspiring Latinas. The Modern Brown Girl is a Latina who likes to maintain her culture in unison with her American upbringing. She is sophisticated, savvy and woke. She wants English-language content that speaks to her unique lifestyle and culture and issues. She is a woman who is often reflected on the periphery of mainstream media and whose influence in the market has been overlooked.
The categories that you may write on are listed below with a short description of each.
Beauty & Style:
Articles relating to anything beauty and fashion related that speaks to our reader.
These are one-on-one interviews, with accompanying photos, of inspiring Latinas that are doing great work in the Latino community and beyond. *Compensation is provided for features and must be approved by the editor beforehand
Articles in this category deal with topics of personal and professional empowerment, mental and physical health, inspiration of any kind. Also included are opinions and think pieces on any topic/issues that relate to Latinas, women in general and/or the Latino community.
Food & drink recipes that illuminate the Latino culture. Must include original pictures.
Article Submission Process
1. Pitch your article idea to us at: Info@ModernBrownGirl.com || Subject Line: Article Pitch
Provide a short summary (3-5 sentences) that gives us an idea of what you plan on writing about and the angle you plan on taking on your topic of choice.
Please include the following additional information in your email:
- Twitter/Instagram Username (if you have one):
- Age/Age Range (to understand the perspective you are speaking from)
- Proposed Article Title (can be changed later)
Once submitted, your pitch will either be approved or denied. If denied, you will receive an explanation as to why it was denied and will be given the chance to submit another pitch. You will be notified about the status of your pitch within 5 – 7 days of it being submitted.
2. Once approved please submit a draft 1 – 2 weeks after approval. Articles should be 600 – 1200 words. Please include a picture of yourself and a short bio to share at the end of the article.
3. After your article is completed the editing process will begin. This process is about working with you to ensure that you have expressed everything that you wanted to and to ensure that your important points are emphasized and highlighted. All images and creatives are provided by MBG, with the exception for features and recipes.
4. After your article has been fully edited a final title will be selected and the article will be posted to ModernBrownGirl.com. Your article will also be shared on the MBG social media accounts and amplification platforms.
terms and conditions
- You declare that you are the sole owner and author of the article and own 100% of all copyrights pertaining to the article.
- You retain all rights and copyrights to your article.
- You may submit articles that have been published elsewhere.
- You agree that Modern Brown Girl, LLC or its assigns are not liable for any potential lawsuit that could arise from the article(s) submitted and hold Modern Brown Girl, LLC or its assigns harmless for any situation that may arise.
- You agree that all articles submitted are done so without any financial consideration now or in the future.
- You are giving permission to Modern Brown Girl, LLC and its assigns to publish, distribute or use in any way we deem appropriate. Including but not limited to: on our website, print publications, e-mail newsletters, and social media platforms
- You are giving permission for Modern Brown Girl, LLC and its assigns to include your articles in our RSS Feeds.
- These permissions are provided to Modern Brown Girl, LLC and its assigns or to any successor or future owner of its assets.
- No other use is implied or granted.
We are look forward to working with you!
This is a great opportunity to share your writing with a large audience and to positively contribute to the Latina dialogue.
Modern Brown Girl, LLC.
Questions or concerns?
Please contact us at Info@ModernBrownGirl.com
Ready To Get Started? Fill Out The Form Below: